Friday 29 February 2008

The BamBu! Restaurant Abu Dhabi - Andrew's Spare Ribs

I have spent a lot of time in Abu Dhabi. We have for the last 15 years had major filming projects there. In 2000 I helped a very good friend Graham Wheeler (our cameraman on one of our projects) took over a failing restaurant and redesigned it from bottom up. The building was completely gutted and rebuilt inside to Grahams amazing design. I helped Graham choose the menu and was very involved in the birth of what is now one of the most popular places to eat in Abu Dhabi. The concept of the restaurant is eat and drink as much as you like from a huge selection of Oriental Freshly Cooked Dishes.


In the kitchen Andrew a Filipino was the cook. He had been the chef at the previous restaurant that had been in the building and he brought many recipes two of which are my favourites which I always have to have when I visit the BamBu!

Unfortunately a fews years ago Andrew had a heart attack and is no longer with us so these two dishes Pork Spare Ribs and Cuttlefish are in memory of him and his great cooking.

No comments: